The Canadian technology sector has grown rapidly over the past decade, driven by entrepreneurs and fueled by a broad spectrum of the public sector, academic, and private sector support.
Some Canadian statistics:
- Fastest growing G-7 country over past decade
- No 1 place in G-7, and No 4 in the world to do business for next 5 years
- Lowest overall tax rate on new business investment in G-7 (26% vs. 39% in US)
- No 1 in G-7 and OECD in lowest number of procedures required to establish a business
- Strongest banking system in the world. Top 4 North American banks are Canadian
- No 1 in G-7 and No 2 in OECD for strength of investor protection regulations
- Lowest debt burden in G-7
- Lowest overall business costs in G-7 (5%-13% cost advantage over U.S., depending on industry sector)
- 7th largest recipient of foreign investment over past decade. 2nd only to UK on a per-capita basis.
- No 1 in G-7 and No 4 in world for quality of its educational system
- No 1 in G-7 and No 3 in world In quality of its management schools
- Significant grant & tax incentives available for technology companies